+44 (0)1403 263274
WHY DO WE NEED POLICIES AND PROCEDURES?
Well documented policies and procedures serve a business and its employees in many ways and contribute to a clear and visible statement of commitment on both sides.
Consider these benefits for a business:
- Clearly outlines your expectations of staff, clients, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Supports your internal control systems
- Maintains compliance with external regulation
- Manages and reduces risk
- Promotes consistency and quality
- Encourages a ‘Plan-do-check’ culture
Consider the benefits for your staff:
- Clear systems promote productivity
- Reduces grey areas
- Provides a fastrack to company ethos and culture
Here at Every Cloud we recommend that business Policies and Procedures become part of the Employee Handbook.
What is the point of an employee handbook?
A well constructed Employee Handbook serves the employer and the employee in three principal ways.
- Provides a statement of the culture and ethos of the business covering its organisational values, ethos and style
- Outlines how the employee’s job fits into the business
- Clearly sets out the terms and conditions of employment including guidelines of the standards of performance and expected behaviour of employees
We recommend including within the handbook a copy of the health and safety policy. Note it is a requirement by law for an employer with five or more employees to provide a written policy.
It is then the duty of the employee to abide by the terms and conditions set out in the Employee Handbook and employees also have a right to expect that their employer do the same.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE GUIDE ON RECOMMENDED DO’S and DON’TS OF THE HANDBOOK.
For help on any aspect of Policies and Procedures please call us for an informal chat.